Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Final Visit w/ Dr. Levy before Surgery

Well today was my follow up check up with Dr. Levy for my surgery on 1/26.  Well ANGER Boob decided it was a little bit more ANGER over the weekend and decided to swell up.   So Dr. Levy had to drain the fluid out.  Mom thinks it is my bra and keeps telling me that we need to get some old lady bras.  OMG I am just dreading having to buy a bra that looks like my gram's.  But if I have to for a while then I have to.  But I should be able to get some really sexy one and the end of the treatment.  But as Dr. Levy tells me to lay down she say it looks very swollen.  And then says that she had to drain it.  She asked mom if she was ok with the needle thing.  And mom said no problem.  Then she processed to wipe down the area with some cleaner and then ok here we go.  STICK!  The initial stick wasn't that bad it was when she started to move it around in there was when my eyes started to roll up in my head.   Oh an Dr. Levy told mom it wasn't because of my bras it was because of her (dr levy).  Dr. Levy said it was very common for this to happen especially because she had to take so much tissue out.

So after she did the draining of the fluid asked me what I had decided and I told her that we are going for the big bang.  She was very satisfied with my decision and said ok go see David and have it all set up.  It was very informal.   Once again I have to go in for Pre-admission testing.  Three times in 3 months.  Because your physical is only good for 30 days and it seems that my surgeries have missed that 30 day mark by 3 - 4 days.  Oh well have to do what I have to do. 

So in the matter of 3 weeks, I will have another surgery.  I am scheduled to have a bi-lateral Mastectomy, Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy and breast re-construction stage one.  

I know it is going to be a rough road, but I feel very at peace with my decision.  I  know in my gut that is the best decision to start this fight. 

I hate being at the mercy of others and feeling helpless but I will do this.  No if ands or butts about it.  It is for me and the boys. 

Well I hope everyone enjoys reading this and it doesn't get to technical for anybody.  I am just trying to get the information out there.

TTYL
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment