Saturday, February 11, 2012

18 days and counting

I spent today purging somethings that I have been putting off.  Cleaning out closets and putting away wash and just a normal weekend that I have.  As I was doing this normal stuff, I realized that in 18 days I will not out of commission for a while come March 1st.  I was a little sad but also mad.  I am not good with being restricted.  As from what I understand about the recovery period that I am in for with regards to my mastectomy I will have to rely on my family and friends to just do the basic things.   Such as comb my our hair.  Not even the stuff that I did today like clean my house and do my wash.  I am going to try my best to be a good patient but it is going to be very frustrating for me. 

I also have a personal problem with asking for help.  My mom raised me to be a strong independent person. Being a single parent with two very special active boys it has been a challenge but I always have risen to that challenge and won.  And I am treating this disease as just that.  A challenge that I will not let it win.   I will WIN! 

Next weekend I am headed down the shore to have a good time with friends and watch them just into the ocean.  Yea it is one of my favorite holidays.  And yes I call it a holiday, because it is a time that I use to celebrate and enjoy my friends.  I actually considered jumping this year.  Which I may still do it.   So I can say that I have done it once in this life time.  But maybe I save it for next year to celebrate my new year of celebrating the completing of treatment and the year of me.   I am going to leave it to a game day decision.  And the best part about it that registration fee goes to special olmypics.  Which is a very speical organization for me and my family.  Since Joey plays soccer for them.  

So everyone is calling and checking on me.  Asking me how am I.  I feel fine physically but my mind is always going a mile of minute.   But I guess this is part of the roller coaster ride that I have been on.  Can I get off now.  Oh well maybe not but I will definately going for a really roller coaster ride this summer not going to let anything stop me from being a normal as possible.  That is funny.  The word normal in my world isn't normal.  Never has been.

Well have to get to the boys ready to settle down and relax.  Tomorrow going to do some more purging and see where we go from them.

Thank again for all the prayers and thoughts.  I will update when more come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment