Tuesday, February 21, 2012

8 days and counting

Things are moving along.  Had a such as great time this weekend down the shore with some old friends as well as some new friends.  I laughed so much that my stomach muscles hurt.  It was just what I needed. 

So now onto scheduling.  The family came over last night and coordinated schedules of who is going to take care of me as well as make sure the boys are covered as far as trying to keep their schedules as normal as possible.  I have to attempt I know that I am going to need to lots of help, but in the back of my mind I also feel like I might wants some a lone time as well. But we shall see if that actually can happen. 

Opening day meeting went well tonight and that is moving along also.  Things are just falling into place.  I knew they would but this type of stuff is what I find the most worrysome.  I need to have my ducks in order so I feel that life is normal for everyone.

We where finally able to sit Joey and Jason down and tell them about my illness.  Mom picked up some really great books that explained what is happening and what will happen in the future as we go through this crazy roller coaster ride.  Joey read his book and picked out some key things that we were happy to see he recognized like the doctors and nurses.  So he does understand in his own way.  We told Jason that mommy's boobs are sick and that in a couple of days I will have to go into the hospital and get new ones.  For those of you who know Jason, you understand that we have to tell him like that on his level.  And then we read some of his book.  We told him that the medicine that has to take after her operation is going to make me lose my hair.  And he told me that I have to wear hats.  I told him we will go to the store and buy new hair.  He wants to know how we are going to keep it on it.  He said mom we can glue it on.  :)  I love my little man.  He just makes me smile. 

He took his book to school to share with some of his classmates.  I think he is using it as a security.  And that is just fine.  So I called his teacher and told her that he was bringing it.  And she was very happy with that.  She said she would email me later in the day telling me how he did.  Well he did wonderful and they did share his book with his special reading class, but his teacher did say that his reading teacher was a very touched by the book.  :) 

I have pre-op testing tomorrow so it will be a little crazy at work leaving for a couple of hours.  But I have to get that area of my life as close as much as possible before my surgery.  I can now focus on this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment