Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Still in prison

UGH!  Well I still have 2 drains in.  I can't stand that I am starting to physically feel better and just want to get onto the next step, but I am confined to my house because the drains are still collecting fluids.  And the big rule is that you can't drive while I have the drains in.  They won't start to fill the foobs until the drains out and I can't start to see the physical therapist until they come out.  I know that they are doing their job and really don't want this fluid to build up under the skin.  If they take out the drains too soon, it will build up and then they have to stick me to drain it.  So I guess my couch is my best friend right now.  I did walk to the store up the road today just to get out and feel normal.  That was nice.  The weather is so nice.   

I just want to start to feel normal already.  Get my boys back into their routine.  Everyone being here and helping me has really turned their life upside down.  Jason is acting out a lot lately and I have decided to seek outside help.  I can see it in his eyes that he is stressing and can not express himself.  I tried to give them as much attention as possible but being sick the last couple of weeks has really turned their lives upside down.  I am not making excuses for him but I know it is weight a lot on his mind.  Last night it was just me and the boys and it was very  nice to just have the three of us.  I do appreciate everything and every ones help but I (we) needed some alone time.  It was actually very nice to have Jason crawl into bed next to me.  I missed him doing that.  He was very good staying on his side but I am hoping that knowing that he can crawl in bed with mom help him a little. 

I am still hoping to go to back to work on Monday but it is all based on having the drains come out.  I have to call tomorrow with measurements.  Everybody think under 30 in a 24 hour period. 

But I did feel productive today.  I did some baseball stuff and it made me feel good to be in front of my computer and get things moving again.   Hell my fingers aren't broken. 

Well I will keep you up to date.  Check back soon

TTYL
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment