Thursday, March 8, 2012

One week down

So it has been one since my surgery.  It is really weird to realize that one week ago I had cancer.  Now we have received great news from our pathology reports on Tuesday.  By removing the breast we have removed all the cancer.  There was nothing detected in the lymph nodes.  Once I am released from from Dr. DiBello for follow up from the surgery, I will be visiting Dr. Bierman to see what he thinks we should do from here.  But chemo and radiation will only be to kill anything that maybe be lurking that might be microscopic living.  But as of right now I all of the cancer that was we knew about has been removed. 

Just to make sure everyone knows what I actually had done.  I had a bilateral mastectomy (removed both breast) and Dr. Levy actually did an axcillary lymph node testing not just the sential testing.  I am guessing that she decided to go big or go home.  :) 

I am feeling better and better every day.  I am able to move my arms more and more.  Got two of the drains out today, what a wonderful feeling that was.  Kathy said that mostly likely if they other two continue to drain as they are I could be back their on Monday afternoon and have the others removed.  All I have to say to that is OH SWEET BABY JESUS!  That would just make my day.  So far that has been the most annoying part of the surgery having four drains hanging around your neck.   I know that they are doing a job that is necessary but it is definately something that I found to be very bothersome.

Today was a day were I felt more tired than any other days prior.  I guess because the pain is less and less sleeping on my back is becoming a problem.  I am not a back sleeper at all and not only having to sleep on my back but half sitting up is not very comfortable sleeping.  So I go to bed around 11 o'clock and by by 3 I am up and want to toss and turn and that doesnt happen because once you get into bed you don't move.  :) 

Well every day gets better and better.  Thanks again for all of the good thoughts and prayers they mean so much and are working.  Keep checking in. I will try and update as news stuff happens.

TTYL

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment