Monday, March 5, 2012

Another good day

Well recovery is going well.  Called Dr. DiBello with the drain reports this afternoon and Kathy said that I might be able to get two of the drains out as soon as Thursday.  That was great news.  I can definately leave my buddies at the doctor's office in a heartbeat.  I know that they are doing what they need to do but they are very bulky and weird having them hanging around my neck or pinned to my bra.

I got two very nice deliveries today one from a friend and the other from the little league's board of directors.  Again it was very nice of them to do that and still make me very humbled.   I also received a very nice email from a salesman that I worked with at a previous employer sending me prayers and well wishes.  Everyones good thoughts and prayers are working in great ways.  My recovery is going very well.  Even when I called Dr Dibello's office the receptionist and Kathy the nurse said that I sounded great.  I told them that I feel very good but listening to my body and rest and take it easy when I have to.

Well today I did break down and call work to check in.  I just needed a little information to feel normal.  And it did.  Just a 5 minute call to Bob helped make me feel good about things.  I know that everyone at work are doing such a good job working with my clients, but I know that they can be a handful and that I baby them sometimes in a good way.  My clients have become acustomed to that treatment.  I know that everyone is doing their best.  :)

Very funny thing people are starting to ask me is am I ready to see foobs?  Am I depressed or upset?  I have to tell you that I have seen them and it doesn't make me depressed or upset.  It is actually a relief that they are gone and not there anymore.  I did a lot of research and tried to prepare myself to what they were going to look like so I was not surprise to see what I saw.  I actually think they look very good for what trauma my chest has been through.  I knew that they were not going to look like breast at this point.  They actually look more like little bumps with lots of surgical tape on them. 

They are very numb and I mean numb and it has been 5 days since the surgery.  Think about when the dentist first shots the novicaine in there and you can't feel anything.  Well that is what my left side feels like.  It is a very weird feeling.   Still very sore and limited to how I can move my arms, but I am going to have one great set of ab muscles when this is all done.  I never realized how much you use the upper portion of your body and being limited is very very frustrating.  Reaching for things is very limiting.  Remembering that you can't just get up from a chair.  You have to get to the end of the chair or couch and then use all of the ab muscles to lift your body to standing position. But it all part of the healing process.

Well again thanks for reading.  I know I have been a little all over the place the last couple of post but I am trying to make sure I update when I get a chance.  Right now I am resting in bed while mom is making dinner.  It is very nice to have her here helping and I definately appreciate it.  I also know that this is a lot for my mom.  Since has had to take care of kids in a long time.  Even though the boys do a lot of self help, getting them ready for school, lunch made, up in the morning breakfast out the door.  I know I have a system in place but it take time.  I am very lucky to have her and my family supporting me.  And I love them very much.  I hope they realize that how much their support real means to me.

TTYL

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment