Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Radiation is getting ready to start

Well went to the radiation oncology yesterday to sign my paperwork that I understand what is going to happen during the treatment.  So we are getting closer to the next to last step in treatment.  One good thing is that I am going to have it a the brand new hospital.  So everything is new.  And the doctor told me I will be patient #1 to get the CT Scan and radiation in the brand new ultra updated machine.  So that is kinda of cool.  Hey I have to look at something as a postive in this craziness. 

Well I get four new tattoos, not the kind I like to have but going to be another reminder of all the steps I am taking to make sure that I a live a long and health life. 

So one of the long term effects of radiation is permanent tanning of the area that they give you radiation.   So I think to myself wow now I am going to have left boob tan and right boob pastey white.  LOL

Well my hair is starting to grow back, even on my legs.  I actually have shave now every week or so now.  Again another perk of chemo, not having to shave for a while.  But as far as my hair on my head it is coming back rigt now.  It is kinda of like a baby hair. So maybe I would have enough hair by christmas to not have to wear a hat.

Still feeling the after affects of chemo.  I haven't had a visit from aunt flo since May.  I guess you can say this is a perk, but the bad thing about not having aunt flo visit you get pre-menapause symptoms.  Right now I am exhausted, because I don't sleep because I get night sweats.  Well not only night sweats, but also hot flashes and start to sweat anywhere it comes on.  The doctors have said that aunt flo may come back because of my age.  But I won't mind if it didn't, but if it does tht only means that I have to go through these symptoms when I get to the age that is is suppose to stop.  Well that sucks.

This morning I was watching the news and they story about the little boy leaving his football game because his coach told him he couldn't wear his pink gloves.  That hit home and I got very emotional.  I was fortunate enough be involved in a great organization that is looking forward to wearing pink as well as participated last season in a date dedicated to breast cancer awareness.   I just think some people are ignore.  I am not sure how I would react to a grown man being that ignore to what is happening in his players lives.

Well I am going to try and get some sleep but October 3rd I get my scan and then a few days later I will start 5-1/2 weeks of radiation therapy.  Keep sending good throughts and prayers we are almost through it.

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment